The future Atom Mugen, as you might have guessed, will be developed in cooperation with the Japanese tuner, Mugen, who is no stranger when it comes to developing tuning packages for a number of Honda models.
Together, the two companies were able to build an Ariel Atom that’s so deliciously powerful, 10 models feels like it’s not enough to satiate the craving of Atom fans all over the world.
The Atom will use a 2.0-liter K20Z Type R naturally-aspired engine borrowed from the Honda Civic Type R, but tricked out by Mugen to deliver 270 horsepower at 8,600 RPM, a bump up of 25 horsepower from the Atom 245. Performance numbers for the Atom Mugen equate to a 0-60 mph time of just 2.9 seconds and a top speed of around 150 mph.
Mr. Hiroki Toyoda, Vice President of Mugen Euro, said "The Type R Honda is the best 2.0 liter normally aspirated engine available. We have put our experience and know how to release even more power from the engine and we’re delighted to see our engine in the Ariel Atom."
- Project Cars - Ariel Atom Mugen on Spa + Real Life Cam | First Test by xChris32x
- Project CARS - Ariel Atom Mugen at Derby GP (2 hotlaps - build 184) by markao05
- Project CARS Build 149 - Ariel Atom Mugen at Loire National (Bugatti Circuit) by MotoGamesTV
- Project Cars | Ariel Atom Mugen on Nürburgring Nordschleife (Eifelwald) by xChris32x
- Project CARS Build 164 - Ariel Atom Mugen at Northampton (Day and Night) by MotoGamesTV